Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Buenos Dias!

I don't know how to explain to you the feeling in my heart right now. After reading your letters, and reading Elder Burnham's letter, then reading how the mission did this week, my heart is bursting. It feels on fire really! It feels like life has purpose and that I am a part of something bigger than all of us, yet we have a chance to put our two cents in. Wow, I am just so amazed. WYATT ... GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY AT AROUND 1:30. We had great testimonies shared by Wyatt's aunt and by Wyatt's mom. I am so proud of them. They ... really needed the opportunity to share their testimony. Bishop Hicken is so wonderful! He has so much he has to do, and yet he had found time to baptize Wyatt and confirm him. We got permission from President Holmes to do that. So we had lots of people that were not members there. Their whole family and extended family and his mom's Boss came. We had them write their thoughts on index cards again like I have done in the past. Everyone said that was a wonderful idea. I was so proud of the people who participated.
That's why I love baptisms. Testimonies bloom and grow at these things.
I have really been blessed with a great ward family and companion. We are happy to say we had four investigators at church. Amazing!

Oh man there is so much to tell you, I don't know how to get everything in and still try to give what I say justice. It was a great week.
Investigators we have are all at different levels which is a really hard thing.

Mary came to church. Sacrament meeting was about the Book of Mormon title page, and she opened up her own and followed along. ...
Jessica ...has an amazing boss named Brother Temple that is allowing us to teach her in his home every Friday.
We got a "less active" sister and her visiting teacher acquainted after a year of trying to get a hold of her.

So pretty much our members are really reaching out more to magnify their callings.

I just love this area! Faith! That is the word Pat said to me after the Baptism. He said it! Faith is the foundation.
We need to get to know a lot more of the members and we are passing out a sheet in church that helps members know when our lessons are for the week and they sign up for it. We have a potential amount of 13 members present to our investigator lessons. THIRTEEN! I have never thought that could happen in an area I was serving.

Finish Strong!

Love,
Sister Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment