Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Awesome Week!

(I don't have any recent pictures of Sister Burnham so this one will have to do for now)


Dear family this week was awesome and I will try to write everything in it as possible. I am running out of time even now so I hope I get as much as possible.
Last week was a miracle week like always yet this week was a little different. It just felt like our faith took it up a notch and the investigators we are finding are continuing to be elect and ready to accept the Book of Mormon and a living Prophet. They are also seeing Jesus Christ teachings in the Book of Mormon which is what will bring them to know that this is His church.
Tuesday we attended specialized training. It was so good! Some things we were given were a case study and how that I absolute love. Its about sisters who help an area turn into a baptizing area. They worked with members. And the miracles came from little things the sisters made sure to do. We are trying to apply this. We are always giving thank you cards to our members. We are getting to know more and our faith in them, our love towards them increased so much over just a few hours. I mean that is how awesome the Holy Ghost works. Just in a moment of hours after discussing goals Sister Bishop and I were receiving referrals and getting calls back from potential inv.
Training meeting helped me look for spiritual gifts that are unique to me that I can consistently use in our lessons. I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Hoopes and Sister Thomas. They are in a tri-panionship in Saline. They came to Chelsea to serve with me for a day while Sister Bishop went to serve with Sister Vance in saline. They absolutely needed to be in Chelsea. They needed to serve and have the chance together to make out what their gifts and talents are as well. I made sure that I communicated very well, that we were together for a reason. That we needed to focus on some goals and be open with trying new things. They both were ready and willing to talk about and do anything I asked or suggested. It was cool to serve in a tri-panionship. I had never done it before. I actually felt them growing as missionaries over that exchange so much it's ridiculous!!!! Sister Hoopes is really good at stating her purpose and letting our inv know in a loving way what we expect from them. She is upfront with her question which can sometimes seem harsh or miss understood as unfriendly, just depends on the personality. We never had a problem though. She learned that she can give Sister Thomas has a whole lot more room to stretch herself, by not talking. Sister Hoopes said that if she could just learn to shut her mouth for Sister Thomas to speak, Sister Thomas would actually be able to find talents and gifts that we all know she has.
Anyways I learned a lot from them and made a goal myself to really recognize promptings in lessons. So cool to feel so much love for people. I was sad to say goodbye but I know they are going to be awesome and apply what we talked about.
We have awesome news! Wyatt is getting baptized 22nd on Jan. And then Heather is still on for the 28th of Jan. We are trying to get everything ready. I am so excited to see Wyatt baptized. My heart is bursting even as I talk about it. He is so ready, and this will bring the family so close! Pat is working on applying the atonement. He doesn't forgive himself very easily and so he has a lot of burdens he keeps on his shoulders. It has made him very humble though. Pat needs to really understand and apply how to properly repent. It will be good for him to listen to some conference talks we gave him about repentance. By the way we found his concerns finally while his wife wasn't home. I didn't have enough time to call a member, and luckily we had a tri-panionship so God knew we needed this time with him with out influence of wife or son.
Oh my goodness there is so much.
We went to a members dinner! The temples are great missionaries. They invited a woman who is related to a member family in the ward. She is working for Brother Temple. Anyways after eating his famous sandwiches we were able to teach them about following Christ and having a living Prophet on the earth today. Brother Temple flat out said that he knows she is going to join. He was very bold with her, which she is nice enough to deal with. She likes how we teach so we gained her as a new inv. The temples were great at bearing their testimonies and we are seeing them this week again. Its a miracle because we have been trying to teach Jessica for so long. She is the daughter in law, that's it!
Sister Dallaire has not been doing well, and her grandson is living with her, so she is excited to have him help her read every night. And she is hoping he will want to learn more too as we go visit her. POTENTIALS!!!!!! REFERRAL!
Tom is an investigator that almost dropped us because of temple stuff online. He saw I guess the ordinances from people who were excommunicated. Well, it frightened him and he called us and told us not to come back. Well, sister Burnham doesn't like to give up when the spirit tells you to go back. So we did! Long story short he is still investigating...FEW!
Jessie is another inv who the members are really fellow shipping. Jessie is 17 and is the only investigator that has been to the most member dinners. She just is lucky that way. It's nice that we get fed.
One more thing Becky is a new inv and we met with her and her son Colby last night. SHE LIKES THE BOOK OF MORMON! She thinks it is easier to read than the Bible and wants her son to read it. I tried to invite her to church or baptism but there was no time. We got there just enough to follow up answer questions and then say a opening and closing prayer. All of a sudden her family pops in and she tells us every Monday night is game night with her sister's family. SHE IS ALREADY DOING FHE! so cool right?
Anyways she has a concern about Churches saying that their church is the right one. Well, I know they do that, but it is awesome to know ahead of time that she is going to come to know Christ more by living the Gospel. And the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints lives the Gospel.

I am so full of more but I ran out of time! Love you and know that we will

Finish Strong!

Love,
Sister Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment