Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Sister Burnham


We received a couple of little messages from Sister Burnham today. In another one,she challenged us to celebrate her birthday by doing some kind of missionary work. After all that's how she is celebrating. I think we might be able to work something out. Have a great day!
By the way if you want to leave some Birthday messages or how you did some missionary work on the blog I will email them to her next week. Just click on "comments" at the bottom.

From Sister Burnham:
Chelsea is awesome. The members are missionary minded like no other ward. Sterling Heights comes pretty close to it though.

The work is moving along. We are working on speaking clearly and simply to the people we teach. Which wasn't very many this week, 20 lessons, Why are we slacking? I must not be doing everything I should be.


We are ready to baptize people in Chelsea and all the other villages. We are ready to be faithful. Well, we are faithful. We are seeing LA (Less Actives) open doors and letting us talk to them. We are seeing how people are liking Sister Missionaries. We just need to prove to ourselves, to God, that this change will be taken seriously. To the point where there will be no doubt in any ones mind, God sent us here.

We already had a former (investigator) want us to come back, begging that we would. In the same breath she was also telling us she will never believe in the Word of Wisdom and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. But she has read some of the Book of Mormon. Silly one she is.

Okay so I just erased some negative feelings about my teaching skills. I feel better now. I want you to know that we are struggling to know where to go. Who needs us in what village and how do we decide together. We are to the point where we are very sensitive to each other. We know exactly when the Spirit is teaching with us and when HE is not, and we don't have the faith to stop, take a breath and pray.

I feel I need to pray more fervently, with more soberness.

Okay, so, President I was just venting there.


Okay I want to follow the Spirit. I want to be Obedient. I want to love the Book of Mormon. I have done all these things on my mission. So if want to do all of these things, I need to Love my Savior and do it because it is going to be my nature to serve. I want to have charity. I want to have love. I do have a testimony.


I have learned that I talk a lot. Wow, so silence is a goal I will work with this week. Using silence appropriately. Okay, let the Holy Spirit guide.

I will Finish Strong! And God will help me do hard things.


Thank You so much for the birthday gifts. They were perfect. I loved the cheese cake and the nail polish and the Card form Brooklyn. I will want to wear those earrings with a big smile on the doors knowing I got them from you. I will have something to remind me that my family might not be with standing next to me, but you are with me helping me talk to those people that I just meet on the street. Your prayers are heard and we are loving the ward. They are full blown missionaries here and I am hoping I stay here for the rest of my mission.
Sister JONES HAS 5 WEEKS LEFT. I get to kill her off. It is going to be a great help to keep her in your prayers that she doesn't get trunky and continues to progress. I wake up every morning excited to work. I go to bed every night excited to sleep and rest so I can work the next day. I love missionary work. Specifically I love seeing members get excited about it. The Members are my angels.
Happy Birthday to everyone born on this day! And an anniversary for being a one year missionary. How spoiled I feel sometimes and humbled that God loves me to send me to a wonderful family who has shown more support than I could ever ask for.
I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment