Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ryan's Eagle


A letter from Sister Burnham to Ryan.


Dear Ryan,
I hear you are getting your Eagle Scout Award! Sweet! I am so excited that you are going to look back on this moment and be proud of what you were able to participate in. You were able to show you can be a leader. I am very proud of you. I am very proud that you were able to accomplish this. I know that it was hard, but you did it. I would love to know what you learned from it.
As your older sister who is having her own experiences here in Michigan, doing hard work, I want you to know it doesn't end. Work will never be over. Work is a way to learn ways to use this God given body. Work keeps us healthy and strong. Work is never accomplished with out faith and humility as well. Give thanks to Heavenly Father for giving you the ability to get your Eagle Award. And you will find that He will bring more things in your life that He trusts you with. Even people's souls. This award if you look at it as something you can actually prove to yourself that you have it in you to be an AWESOME person! You have it in you to show others that they can do it. You have GREAT WORTH in my eyes. I love you and will be looking forward to serving with you more after I get home.
Do you remember when we read the scriptures together on your bed when President Hinckley asked us to reread the Book of Mormon. You were in Mosiah and we read a chapter together. That was one of the first times you and I read scriptures together. I don't know if we ever did that again. But I tell my investigators and other people here that when we got to the end of Mosiah 2:40 -41 I remember thinking how I was happy. I had that happiness when I was reading scriptures with you. I felt the spirit and it must have been important for me, if I remember it so clearly after all these years.
Please keep sharing people what you know to be true. Please keep developing your talents and spiritual gifts. Be trusting! Trust that God's hand is in your Life. You will realize that more, as you prepare to go on a mission.
I wish I was there Ryan. I wish I could give you a hug to let you know I love you. You can do great things if you keep giving the credit to God. Be patient with yourself when you are struggling. God knows whats going on, and he has a plan for you. I know I kind of steered off from the Eagle Award. Sorry! Please be Strong and know that you have two great parents that know what ever you choose to do that is a righteous desire that they are going to support you. You will see that on Friday. Give thanks to God! Boast of your God! Be a witness that you are a Son of God and that he gave you everything to learn and to grow.
I love you,
Finish Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment