Monday, March 7, 2011

14 Baptisms and more to come!

Sent: Monday, March 7, 2011 8:36:51 AM
Subject: Re: It's March!

From the Assistants:

14 People entered into a covenant with their Heavenly Father this week that will bless them for the duration of their lives upon the earth, and for all eternity. As far as we know there have not been 14 people baptized in a single week in our mission for a really long time, if ever. That is so great! The only thing that limits us fro
m bringing forth “much fruit” is ourselves; the things that are now happening in the mission are a testimony that we are more fully allowing our Heavenly Father to do his work by getting ourselves (our will) out of the way. Let us celebrate the good that is happening in the mission and let us never forget the source of our success. Thank you for all the good that you do!
“I do not dwell upon your faults, and you shall not upon mine. Charity, which is love, covereth a multitude of sins, and I have often covered up all the faults among you; but the prettiest thing is to have no faults at all. We should cultivate a meek, quiet and peaceable spirit. Have the Presbyterians any truth? Yes. Have the Baptists, Methodists, etc., any truth? Yes. They all have a little truth mixed with error. We should gather all the good and true principles in the world and treasure them up, or we shall not come out true “Mormons.”” – Joseph Smith
Mom, you asked about my health. I am trying to eat healthier but it is a work in progress. I am not off sugar anymore but I am not going crazy eating a lot of it either. Sister Corbridge and I do pool our money together. I am the only companion she did that with. I told her that I didn't want to have any separations like that to have to deal with.

I have been stressed this past week with all the baptisms. We had a hard time with convincing the Bishop and the Ward Mission Leader and the Elders Quorum President that Brother Randy (Ray) Clark was a great candidate to be dunked. They thought a few more weeks later would be best. But the Lord provided a way this last Sat. And we ran with it with all the faith Sister Corbridge and I could gather up. My prayers keep getting simpler and with much sincerity. You almost sound like a little child, pleading with the Lord on what to do, or how to diligently wait patiently for things to happen or not happen. Brother Ray was almost late to his confirmation because he helped someone prior. He is always a good friend to every one he meets, as long as you do not have a uniform on that says Police. Hahaha! I love being here and love it that I am staying with Sister Corbridge another six weeks. She has one more transfer after this. I think I might " KILL" her off. If so, she said I get to go out to eat with her and the people leaving. Yes! But thats only if I stay with her the whole 12 weeks she has left. Brother Ray and Brother Gertsch



Brother Ray, Nick, Sister Corbridge, Tony, Sister Burnham

The baptisms were amazing. I spoke on enduring to the end. I used the footprints
poem that was on my journal. Remember? I also bore my testimony of how we should always treasure the scriptures. Brother Ray said that Sister Corbridge sang so well, but it seemed nice for her to give the floor to the little girl who sang with her. Brother Ray said I was totally opposite. He said I took over the stage and looked so comfortable speaking like I have done this my whole life. It was a humbling experience. I noticed at that time how I need to refine myself so I don't seem too over powering to some. But I am embracing the gift that I don't have stage fright!

We had investigators and some non-members there as well.
I am blessed to be here and participate in these people's lives. What was cool is that Brother Martin bore his testimony. He talked about how he was reactivated by us. The song that changed everything for them was #158. I sang that hymn that night (several weeks ago) with all my heart and looking at Brother Martin's face afterwards was the miracle. His countenance changed and it's all history from there. I love that family.

It was great that you had those BYU boys over. I am proud of my family so much. I am really happy Ryan is doing well in swimming. I was a fan of swimming. I am so excited to hear about the different activities Sara is involved with.
(YW) Good luck with the wet weather. (I told her about the rain and snow and wind we are having lately in modesto) I am writing back to whom ever writes me. I love getting letters now. So it is only fair that we send them letters. Sister Corbridge and I sent thank you cards to people in the ward. They really liked that. I was surprised how much. Thanks to Diane McRae for sending me a package of letters. If someone could send me her address that would be sweet!
WE ARE STAYING TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited!!! We have many more goals this next transfer. Finding people through members is potentially going to be the way we find people. But I am so excited for the baptisms that are arising. The Martins. Rita and Veronica are in the bag. They want to be baptized either this Sat. the 12th or the following Sat. We have been trying to help Brother Martin prepare to baptize them. He had not been to church for over 13 years. It has been miracle after miracle. All I have learned is that God is going to have his way. I will have to learn that lesson sooner or later. It was the Spirit who confirmed each and every one of our new members of the Church. I am blessed to be here. I am blessed to have stayed with Sister Corbridge. I am blessed to have friends in the ward that are trusting our judgment more and more. I am finding how important prayer is. The Book of Mormon can relate to everyone as long as they have a broken heart and contrite spirit. I have seen the different stages of progression. I love the diversity in the work. It keeps each day new and fresh. I have to be honest that I had my faith worked on, the past week and a half, but it has only been strengthened. With God anything is possible. If Brother Randy Clark wants to be baptized, and that was a miracle, anyone from his situation can get baptized. I love the support I get from the Lord. He is there lifting us up right when we get on our knees and pray. I am prepared for a month of interesting conversations and lots of patience and lots and lots of love. I know if I keep my purpose in mind 24/7, between my goals and the District's goals we will be able to accomplish exceedingly great heights!!!! Even though our brethren are sleeping, we are pressing forward in the night! (not sure what that means) We will finish strong!
This month our District goal for baptisms is 8! We are providing five of the eight! Pray we meet our goal or exceed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment