Monday, April 11, 2011

The Next Six Weeks :)

Let me just say that I am glad you were able to hear from that African lady. She came as well to our area. (To a Relief Society Conference) I even got a picture with her. This happened last month. I thought I told you. But you remembered more than I did. She told us that she is usually more graphic at the time out for women. So I am glad you and I both had the same experience and received that same impressions.
I am going to give Jenni some more pictures to put up on her blog. So expect to see some silly videos and pictures. I hope you love them.

I don't know really how to explain to you what really happened this week. But the fruits of testimony it felt I was talking to her specifically. The Spirit was with her and she is so excited to get baptised on May 1. And Kiwon Son, my first Korean investigator came. He is 17 and very polite. He sat right between me and Sister Corbridge. I had him read the prayer while Sister Corbdridge had him read about Sacrament in the Gospel Doctrines book. God sent us to him at the right time. the work came on Sunday. We had 5 investigators there. I was so happy I had to take the chance to bear my testimony. And After sacrament meeting I held Sis. ____ (an investigator) so tight I didn't not want her to leave. She and her husband did leave after the first hour sadly. But Hallelujah that they came. Oh it was such a good thing. Also Peggy and Edna came. Edna is 69 turning 70 in August. And she is loving the fellowship and the whole spirit she feels when she walks into the bldg. She told me that when I had shared my
The family he is staying with who is his second cousin, will be a strong support for him. Which is perfect. Also we went to have Korean food with them after we left the Break the Fast with the Singles, and then after the Korean meal we went to teach the Martins and they had also made meal for us. Oh they could tell we had food before we came, because of how little food I was eating. I had to really be careful that I wasn't going to burst. NO BUENO!



Nick Adkins and his Mom and Sister Burnham


The last thing that I want to talk about was the Blessing to see Nick Adkins receive the Priesthood. He is now a priest and as Brother Bentley was praying I was crying thinking back on where Nick was not too long ago. He changed. He is a new man, and I love it. I am shocked that I have been able to witness his Baptism and Ordination all in one transfer. His sister was also able to be there from BYU Idaho that was recently baptized a few years ago. Tony is soon going to do the same thing.
This Sunday was faith building and yet we still have more to do. Our goal is to put more people on date this week. Lets hope that Sister Corbridge and I stay together for her last six weeks of her mission. We would then be together for a whole 8 months. I think I am going through some what of a depression because I have not had another companion, so I have not experienced being transferred. I hope I don't have to face that yet. Ahhh.....I will just pray even more!!!
My heart is full and I am filled with the prayers towards me and all the other missionaries. I have seen miracles and my faith has grown. I am even getting all emotional sitting next to Sister Corbridge. I know that people are here to hear my testimony. I know that I am a missionary for He who has created me. I know that my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Christ's atonement, Repentance, BAPTISM, and Enduring to the End. I know that that is the only way. That is what the Spirit converts people to do. The Word of God is more readily at hand then ever before. I am thankful all the angels on my side. Even those that have passed on before me. I can feel my grandparents and my great grand parents doing what they do best. Gospel is true, there is a living prophet on the earth. I will never go astray if I keep treasuring up the what is most precious. I love all of you and hope you are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment