Monday, February 14, 2011

How I have grown...


Dear Family And Friends,
So this last week I had Sister Jones for a companion. She came from Romeo. Exchanges were fun. She liked Sterling Heights a lot. She was excited to do her first Church tour. The church tour went very well. We found out when we committed her to baptism, that if she were to get dunked she knows that it needs to be by proper authority. But she said it is not time yet. She still needs to come to church. But she is reading in the Book of Mormon. She was able to meet some investigators.
I already know the area pretty well which helped with exchanges. So we got to Church. Five Investigators came and three Less-Active Families came that have not been to church for about 10-30 years. We were so torn in so many directions and full of joy I started getting a headache. It was so cool though. Sister Corbridge and I were able to share the Prayer lesson. (they spoke in Sacrament Mtg.) I was able to express to my own family in the ward that I pray for them every day, and when I do I feel that pure love for a moment and that charity. And I sang Hymn #158 for my ending testimony. (She did an amazing job, I was crying) It's basically a prayer. It was cool to look into every one's eyes. This opportunity was an amazing experience. The ward was filled with the Spirit to the point I couldn't stand after Sacrament Meeting, I was so tired. Church yesterday was like being on cloud Nine!!!!
I am happy to be able to share with you what I have experienced. We are going to have many miracles happen in the next few weeks. Just you wait!!!!!!!
So my mom wanted me to try and tell her how I think I have grown. UHHHHH....I don't know really how to answer that. I know more about the doctrine. I know how to prayer more specifically. I know how important reading the scriptures are and going to church. I know that the temple is a great goal.Sister Burnham after some tracting in the snow

I know that I don't like tracting for now. But my mom gave a wonderful testimony about tracting. Keep it coming I really need it. Tracting is still not in my blood yet. I know I have grown in the Spirit. I know I can see miracles more. I can understand the scriptures better too. Explaining myself is improving. I am trying to laugh more and not be so uptight or what I mean is when we get lost or when we make a mistake I am prone to laugh rather than to get frustrated. Which is a big change for me. Even though I have said all this I still feel like myself. I still feel like I have kept what good I have in me and God has enhanced it. I love everyone and I know that everyone needs to be loved. That, I have found much easier to do here than I have found anywhere else. I have an excuse for being all mushy and gushy. It's AWESOME!!!!!! I will come home saying that word every five words. SO, remember I love you and miss your hugs and kisses.

Happy Valentines Day!

Lets Hope We All Will Finish Strong!

“Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace.” (The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1988, p. 361.)


Sister Burnham and Corbridge's apartment.


We stopped by on Valentines Day to bring a little treat to the Sisters.
We caught them in their down time on P-day.
We love you Sister Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment